By M.I. Liaqath Ali
Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) was commanded by God to inform that he was not the only Messenger of God to the world [Al Qur’an 46:9]. Scholars say that there had been some 124,000 Prophet sent to the world who preached in the language of the respective people [A Qur’an 14:4]. The true religion they preached and their scriptures got corrupted with passage of time (with the exception of Al Qur’an). However, the message on the last and greatest Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) is retained till date in the scriptures of all major world religions.
We are presenting here some interesting information from these Books so that adherents to these religions (as also Muslims) come to know that Messenger (Pbuh) is not alien to them.
This is a holy book of Hindus describing the advent of the last, the tenth Avtar to come. An Avatar is considered an incarnation of God, who appears on earth whenever religion declines and evil abounds, and corrects the situation. He is of high character and miraculous powers but subject to predestination and morality. If the term ‘human representative of God’ is substituted for ‘incarnation of God’ this description will fit the Islamic concept of Prophet (Pbuh). The signs and events of the final Avatar Kalki point out to final Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh). They fit those of Muhammad (Pbuh) neatly and perfectly. They are as follows;
* Kalki will appear in the last on Kali Yug and will be the guide for the entire world.
* He will be born on the 12th day of the month. Prophet (Pbuh) as born on 12th Of Rabiyyul Awwal).
* His parents will be : Vishnu Bhagat and Soomati meaning servant of God (the Cherisher) and peace. (Messenger’s (Pbuh) father’s name was Abdullah, God’s servant and mother was Amina refuge giver which includes the idea of ‘peace’.)
* He will be with a beauty par-excellence. His body will be fragrant.
* He will get wisdom on a mountain. (Messenger (Pbuh) was conferred Prophethood on Mt.Hira)
* He will receive a horse from God, which will be faster than lightning. Riding it he will go around the earth and seven skies. (During Mi’raj Prophet (Pbuh) got Buraq meaning lightning and toured the entire universe.)
Kalki will split the moon.
Like Bhoj, Cheraman (Zamorin) Perumal the ruler of Indian kingdom of Kerala, witnessed splitting of the moon performed by Prophet (Pbuh). After gathering the facts he sailed to Arabia and became Muslim at Prophet’s (Pbuh) hand. His Tomb is near the city of Salala in Oman (Refer Fig.1).
The word ‘Kalki is considered to be a basic word, a noun without a meaning, as against attribute - based or action - based ones. The preceding Hindu Books either give attribute based name in sanskrit to the Last Prophet (Pbuh) or Arabic name, which is also attribute based. The author thinks that ‘Kalki’ is the Sanskrit transliteration of the Arabic ‘Khalqi’ meaning creation (concrete noun). He is celebrated by Muslims as being;
(1) Awwal ul Khalki
First of creations
(2) Khair il Khalki
Best of creations
(3) Awf al Khalki
Foremost out of creations
(4) Akram al Khalki
Greatest of creations
(B) Buddhist Scriptures
Buddhism is older than Christianity. It originated in India but is prevalent in entire South Asia and far East. Gautama Buddha, its founder is supposed to be an agnostic but this is disputed. The word Buddha means enlightened. Scriptures of Buddhism are available in Sanskrit, Pali, Sinhalese, Burmese, Chinese, Tibetan and Japanese languages. We could get the following information collectively from them;
At his death bed his grief-stricken disciples asked him who will provide them guidance after him. The Buddha consoled them by saying; “Do not think I am the only Buddha. There had been many before me and will be many after me. (Compare this with the Qur’anic Verse 26:9 “say (O Muhammad): I am no new thing among Messengers (of Allah....). At appropriate time a great Buddha will come.”
* He will be born in a country to west ( and not in India) Refer Fig.1
* He will migrate from his homeland.
* He will look at the Universe face to face. (Compare this with Mi’raj).
* His countrymen cannot be reformed until his advent.
* He will preach the same religion as mine but its perfection and success will reach peak stage only in his time (Compare this with the Qur’anic Verse 5:3 “..... I have perfected your religion for you.. . and have chosen Al Islam for you as religion... “).
* While my disciples are in hundreds, his will be in thousands.
The Chief disciple Ananda asked him how to identify the great Buddha when he eventually comes. Gautama told them,
* “His name will be Maitreya.”
The word maitreya means love, kindness, compassion, mercy, and so on. The Arabic for mercy is rahmat. Rahmat is title given to the Sayyidul Mursaleen e Leader of Prophets, by Allah in Qur’an ! He refers to him as;
Rahmatan lil Alameen Mercy unto the worlds (21:07)
Rahshatun lilladeena amanu minkum Mercy unto the believers (9:61)
Rahmatan min Rabbika Mercy from thy Lord (28:46)
We can see that the Indian scriptures refer to the Ultimate Prophet (Pbuh) ultimate both in time and greatness in clear, direct terms. No stretch of imagination, playing with words and linguistic nuances or involved, artificial interpretations are needed to grasp the point. No complicated inductive or deductive logic is required for drawing the conclusion. On the other hand, the facts are recorded in a straightforward manner and are available for all to verify. No hearsay need be believed uncomfortably. The plain truth is inescapably evident that it is Hadhrat Muhammad (Pbuh), the chosen one (Mustafa) to be the greatest of Prophets for all people of the world and awaited by all of them since time immemorial.
Incidentally, we find that in these scriptures statements implying plurality of God have been interpolated causing confusion with Monotheistic concept that is La ilaha il Allah in Arabic). But the statements amounting to Apostleship of Muhammad (Pbuh) “Muhammadur Rasoolullah” is miraculously left intact! major faiths. Allah willing, an article on prophecies in Jewish and Christian scriptures will follow.