Secrets of Living a Better Life
The Discover Yourself Workshop was held in St Louis, Chicago and Dallas in June 2013.
Here some of the participants share their experiences after the Workshop.
* I felt completely at peace after ages. I realized how much my family loves me.
* It showed me the truth.
* It is a transforming experience.
* Exceptional and may Allah accept it from you.
* Practical workshop that opened my eyes and heart to some hidden realities.
* It has empowered me and made me feel whole again.
* It made me realize the root cause of my anguish.
* I learnt the secret of living a better life.
* It is very useful and I came to know the reality.
* I found it useful and many people will surely benefit if they participate.
* I needed concentration in my Salah, which I got by attending this workshop,
* Everyone should attend this workshop.
* This is a life changing workshop which can make us understand what it means to be a Muslim.
* Motivational, self-realization, overall, it is a wonderful experience.
* It made me aware of my actions and consequences.
* It helped me to make reality based decisions and responses.
* I asked Allah and He gave me, I can now calm down quickly and I can catch myself before I scream.
* I feel peaceful now. Before the workshop, I used to be always angry at everyone. Now I am more peaceful than I ever was.
* The workshop is very well structured and useful.
* It helped me to become a better Muslim. I enjoyed the presentation.
* It was eye-opening and explanation was very good.
* I can now view Islam in a more clear way.
* It is very practical and gives you a different perspective on life.
F.S: My patience for the people in my life was running quite thin. Literally my thoughts were that no one is happy, no one would be happy. I saw that people chased religion to the minute details and were not satisfied. I began to think these two things, happiness and Islam, did not co-exist. I did not think I would be able to achieve them together. Today after attending this workshop I have some new hope. I will commit myself to being aware and live in the present. The biggest part for me will be taking responsibility for my own choices.
H.N: Before the workshop, I always lived in the world of right and wrong and always thought I was right. I also thought that others need to change. I lacked the spirituality of Allah. This information was completely different and the perspective of Islam that is the most important. Now I am committed to awareness and shifting myself for Allah. By changing myself I will change others. My view of life is changed. I along with others would have paid hundreds of dollars for such an event. Thank you for sharing your passion, Allah will reward you. Inshallah.
B.A: Before the workshop, I was angry, frustrated, and ungrateful through actions and words. Somewhat had lost hope to have a happy life. I have attended many seminars and halqah and retreats. I cannot thank Allah enough that He made it possible for me to attend this workshop. Now I am viewing my life, husband, and my children differently. On the first day you said if I “attend” all three days, success is guaranteed. So I decided not to miss any session and Allah helped me, as I needed it. Jazakallah Khair to sir. It is very well designed.
R.J: I used to get frustrated. Little things used to bother me. After applying the principles learnt in the workshop, I seem to be calm and much more accepting of life events happening around me. Alhamdulillah!
H.N: Before I was controlling, had a serious need for perfection and I felt if I am not always in control, that things will fall apart. Now I I learnt that I do not need to be in control, if I am conscious that things will fall into place. I also learnt that perfection does not equal to good life. It was amazing!
F.S: It opened my eyes and taught me the tools to know myself and work on my problems and see everything as they are and not judge them. I feel much better and I am not blaming my problems on others and also I am already trying not to impose my opinions on others and on myself.