Translation Projects on Interfaith Relations and Contemporary Understandings of Islam
The Henry Martyn Institute (HMI), Hyderabad, is an ecumenical Christian institute committed to promoting inter-community dialogue, understanding and reconciliation between people of different faiths, with a particular focus on Islam and Muslim-Christian relations.
The HMI invites applications from scholars who wish to work on translating an already published text related to one of the following areas:
1. Inter-Faith/Inter-Community Relations in Contemporary India
2. Islam, Muslims and Inter-Faith Relations
3. Contemporary Expressions/Understandings of Islam
4. Religion, Peace and Dialogue
5. Religion, Secularism and Modernity
6. Religion, Peace and Conflict
Applicants should send the following details along with their application letter:
1. Name, author and other details of the text they propose to translate
2. Language of the text and language in which it is proposed to translate it into
3. A note on the significance of the text and the value and purpose of the translation
4. A note on applicant’s translation skills and experience
5. A brief summary of the text
6. Proposed duration of translation project
7. CV and sample of 2 translated or other published works
8. Two letters of recommendation (including one from their present employer, in case applicant is employed).
The proposal should be sent in English.
Please email your application-related materials other than samples of your published work to [email protected] [Please mark it as ‘Application for Translation Project’]
Please post two samples of your published works to
Henry Martyn Institute
6-3-128/1, Beside National Police Academy, Shivarampally,
Telephone: 040-24014258/ 040-24014231
Applications can be sent throughout the year.
HMI will provide a modest sum for the translation, and can try to assist in getting it published, including, if possible, in theJournal of the Henry Martyn Institute.
For more details about the HMI, please visit our website:www.hmiindia.org