- Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) said: “He who fasts solely for the sake of Allah, has all his previous sins forgiven.
- The odour of the mouth of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.
- The Prophet said, the sleep of a fasting person is Ibadat and his silence is Tasbeeh (recitation of Subhan Allah).
- According to the Hadith, fasting is a shield as long as the fasting person does not rupture it with lies and back-biting.
Dua at the time of Iftar
Ø°ÙÙÙÙ”Ø¨Ù Ø§ÙØ¸ÙÙÙ ÙÙ”Ø£ÙØ ÙÙØ§Ø¨ÙØªÙÙÙÙÙ”ØªÙ Ø§ÙØ¹ÙÙ”Ø±ÙÙØ ÙÙØ«ÙØ¨ÙÙ”ØªÙ Ø§ÙØ£Ø¬ÙÙ”Ø±Ù Ø¥ÙÙÙ Ø´Ù”Ø§Ø¡Ù Ø§ÙÙÙ.
” No more is the thirst, moistened were the veins, and the reward became due, if the lord so willed” (Abu Dawud)
Things Which Do Not Break the Fast
- The using of Miswak
- To take bath during the day or to pour water, over the head due to the summer heat.
- To smell perfume.
- To apply Surmah (Kohl) in the eyes, or oil to the hair.
- To eat or drink in forgetfulness.
- To inhale a fly or smoke or dust without one’s will or intention.
- To pour water into the ear unintentionally.
- To swallow saliva or phlegm.
- To gargle or take water in the nose, while performing ablution (Wudu), but care should be taken that no part of water enters the throat.
- Blood tests during illness.
- Things Which Break the Fast
Eating or drinking breaks the Saum.
- Sexual intercourse even if there is no emergence of semen.
- Inhaling smoke by one’s own action, e.g. inhaling the smoke of incense, etc.
- Swallowing any substance or object which is not normally consumed as food or medicine, e.g. pebbles, paper, a coin, etc.
- Pouring oil into the ears.
- Saliva mingled with blood will break the fast if the taste of blood is discernible when swallowing it.
- Eating deliberately. (Eating by mistake does not break the fast).
- Deliberately inducing oneself to vomit will break the fast if the vomit is mouthful.
- A food particle, the size of a chana (about the size of half a pea) stuck in the teeth slips down the throat.
- Applying drops of medicine into the nostrils.
- Masturbation. In addition to it nullifying the Saum, it is an immoral and a sinful act.
- Ejaculation as a result of caressing and fondling the wife even if there was no sexual intercourse.