Iblees has five sons, he has appointed each of them on one of his affairs, their names are:
• Thabr: He is responsible for calamities. He orders people to rip their clothes, slap their cheeks, and make the call of ignorance when stricken by calamity
• al-A’war: He is responsible for fornication (Zina). He beautifies it and orders others to commit it
• Musawwat: He is responsible for lies. He hears the news and transfers it to someone else, who in turn, goes to a gathering of people and tells them
• Dasim: He shows a wife’s faults to her husband and makes him angry with her
• Zulunbur: He is responsible for the marketplace. He sticks his flag (Fitnah) therein.
[Makaaid ash Shaytaan by Ibn Abi ad Dunya (54/35)]
A Shabbir Ahmed